Wojciech Kubica was born in 1980 in Cracow. He had begun piano studies at age of eight at Goleniów Primary School of Music under Magdalena Kochan’s tutation and had continued his studies at the Secondary School of Music in Szczecin. He obtained diploma in distinction in Mikołaj Szczęsny’s class in 1999. He graduated from the Academy of Music in Katowice with master of art degree in piano playing as a student of prof.Joanna Domańska’s, in 2004. He sucsesfully finished post-graduated studies with prof. Grzegorz Kurzyński at the Academy of Music in Wroclaw in 2005.
Wojciech Kubica’s achievements include:
- the Ist prize at the International Piano Competition in Kiev (2003)
- the IVth prize and the Special Prize for the best performance of Cello Sonata by C.Franck at the International Chamber Music Competition “Val Tidone” in Italy (2004)
- performance at the Polish Piano Festival in Słupsk (September 2004)
- in 2005 he took part in eliminations for the XVth Chopin International Piano Competition in Warsaw
- on the D.Danczowski Cello Competition in Poznan in 2007 he received an award for the pianist “for the special contribution in artistic value of competition’s performances”.
Copyrights © Wojciech Kubica 2006-2020